What is the best live event you’ve ever attended?! CGK President Jason Dorsey’s favorite live event actually changed his life—and his family’s—and is at the bottom of this post. Was your event a concert, festival, or pro sporting event?
Jason recently keynoted an incredible Summit for executives leading major venues (think: arenas), events, experiences, activations, and professional sports teams.
Here is what he learned at the event produced by the inspiring—and hugely innovative—Global Events team:
- There is a clear and influential intersection of hospitality, technology, experiences, and human connection
- Technology alone is not the solution. Neither is hospitality or human connection. It turns out you need all three to create unforgettable events and experiences at scale.
- How we think about technology and its role is rapidly evolving. This goes way beyond personalization and into intentionally creating experiences that deliver unique memories.
- People more than anything else are the missing ingredient, but more than being people-first we must be people-centered
- Everything is measured, but not everything measured delivers the insights we need. It’s how we interpret and act on these insights that unlock innovation.
- Creativity is only going to get more exciting!!!
Jason’s favorite parts of the wildly detailed event were the incredible food, interactive experiences, and fantastic questions. The way these leaders are thinking about people, digital, experiential, food, and more was next-level.
It was a huge honor to share CGK’s brand-new discoveries with their leadership team, venue and sports executives, and so many pioneers at the intersection of hospitality, technology, and experiences. In fact, Jason has personally seen how events can change perspectives and lives, as his life was dramatically changed at an in-person event. At a 4th of July Willie Nelson concert, he met his wife!!
Big thanks to each of you for being on this amazing journey of research and discovery—and in-person events! And BIG thanks to the event team for helping venue and team leaders create unforgettable experiences around the world!