COVID-19 Generational Research Studies
The Impact of COVID-19 on Each Generation of Consumer, Employee, and Trendsetter
In 2020, CGK led multiple national research studies to uncover the hidden impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on each generation of consumers and employees. This research is very important as the impact of the pandemic varies by generation. The study specifically looked at Gen Z, Millennials, Generation X, and Baby Boomers.
"At CGK, we uncovered that COVID-19 has had a different impact on each generation. Understanding these differences enables leaders, marketers, and community members to better bridge generations during this incredibly challenging time."
—Jason Dorsey, President, CGK
Uncovering each generation of workers’ perspectives and leadership expectations in the time of COVID-19
To answer leaders’ most pressing questions with statistically-accurate data and insights in the midst of COVID-19, the research team at CGK led a national study across generations. We looked into what each generation was experiencing when it came to remote work, what leaders can do to understand how to drive performance and the role of trust within remote work. We wanted to know:
- What is each generation’s workplace experience during this pandemic?
- What are workers’ perspectives when it comes to accountability, alignment, and having the technology resources they need to do their jobs remotely?
- What are the qualities each generation most want from their managers and supervisors during these times?
Click Here to download your report on Leading Multiple Generations Remotely During the Pandemic now.
Uncovering each generation's consumer trends and financial attitudes during the pandemic–and what they anticipate for the future
Marketers, sales professionals, executives, and brand leaders are facing an unprecedented, challenging situation: how to understand and adapt to consumers amidst a pandemic causing store closings, social distancing, and quarantine measures. To attract and retain each generation of customers and drive growth during these uncertain times, leaders first need to know how consumers are thinking about money, spending, saving, and their financial attitudes toward the future. The study uncovered many insights. In particular, three of them have broad implications across a wide array of businesses, brands, products, services, and industries. We wanted to know:
- What new and different spending habits have each generation established during this pandemic?
- What gender and generational differences emerge in what consumers want to first spend their money on after social distancing restrictions are lifted?
- What does each generation think will be the most positive thing to come out of the COVID-19 pandemic?
Click Here to download your report on Unexpected Consumer Insights and Generational Attitudes in this Unprecedented Time now.
The Impact of the COVID-19 on Gen Z and How the Pandemic Has Changed their Views About the Future
This 2020 State of Gen Z® research study uncovers the hidden and unexpected impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on Generation Z (ages 13 to 24) at this formative time in their coming of age experience. The study specifically looks at how the COVID-19 pandemic impacts Gen Z and their views in key areas such as leadership and living with their parents to wellbeing and how the pandemic has shaped their beliefs about the future of work, education, and much more. The study features more than 50 Gen Z COVID-19 research discoveries.
Sample areas explored in this State of Gen Z® COVID-19 study:
- Gen Z’s confidence in leadership during COVID-19
- Gen Z’s attitude about living with their parents during COVID-19
- Gen Z’s digital trends during COVID-19
- Gen Z’s views on health and wellbeing during COVID-19
- Gen Z’s attitude toward education and career during COVID-19
- Gen Z’s beliefs about government, politics, and the media during COVID-19
- Gen Z’s perspective on the future
Click Here to download your report on Gen Z and COVID-19 now.
Gen Z Research, Consulting, and Keynote Speaking for You
The Center’s acclaimed team of generations experts, researchers, consultants, and keynote speakers can bring cutting-edge information to your next event, marketing or HR challenge, or uncover brand-new insights specific to your goals.
Contact us for information on our services or to schedule a call with our friendly research and consulting teams. We are excited about the change that Gen Z brings as customers and employees—and helping you and your organization unlock the potential that coincides with Gen Z’s emergence.